Cranberry Cream Cheese Stuffed Pecan Chicken
1 - 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese - softened
2/3 cup dried cranberries - chopped
¼ cup red onion - chopped
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
¼ tsp. each salt and pepper
¼ tsp. garlic powder
¼ cup green onions – sliced
5-6 chicken breast cutlets - pounded to 1/4 inch thick
1 cup NORTH CAROLINA PECANS - toasted and finely chopped
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1/4 tsp. salt and pepper
1/4 cup honey mustard sauce
1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Mix all filling ingredients until combined and smooth.
- Cover and chill.
Bread the Chicken:
- Combine pecans, bread crumbs and salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Mix honey mustard sauce and mayonnaise. Reserve 2 Tbsp. Brush one side of each cutlet with mixture. Coat with pecan/bread crumbs and place pecan side down on parchment lined baking pan.
- Divide filling among cutlets and spread on 1/2. Fold the other 1/2 over the filling.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- To serve drizzle with reserved honey mustard sauce.